The Health Benefits Of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a food that falls in the category of superfoods. It contains some essential fatty acids that contribute to healthy living. Some of the health benefits of coconut oil include bettering the brain and fat loss. The following are some other great health benefits of coconut oil.
1. Medicinal- coconut oil contains some fatty acids having powerful medicinal characteristics. It is a source of saturated fat with about 90 percent of the fatty acids for it being saturated. Coconut oil isn’t made of run-of-the –mill saturated fats that are mostly contained in steak or cheese. They contain medium chain triglycerides.
In most cases, fatty acids found in the diet are long-chain fatty acids but coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids that are broken down differently. They move directly to the liver from the digestive tract. They can then provide the quickest source of energy.
2. Reducing the amount of food consumed- When coconut oil is taken, it can reduce hunger helping a person eat less food. This relates to how the fatty acids in the oil are broken down since ketone bodies have the ability to reduce appetite. The reduction in appetite can reduce body weight over time.
3. Lower the risk of heart disease- Coconut oil has a lot of saturated fats which cannot harm the blood lipid profile as many people previously thought. Saturated fats have the ability to raise the HDL cholesterol and vary the LDL cholesterol to the benign subtype. This enhancement in the cardiovascular risk factors theoretically results in lowering the risk of heart disease in the long run.
4. Protection of hair- The health benefit of coconut oil can also be seen when used as a skin moisturizer and protecting hair against damage. It can also be utilized in small amounts as a mouthwash and sunscreen.
5. Boosting brain function- Coconut oil contain fatty acids that can heighten the blood levels of the ketone bodies, which supply energy for brain cells especially for Alzheimer’s patients.
6. Help to lose body fat- Coconut oil can reduce appetite and also increase fat burning and as a result lead to losing body weight. It is important to take some coconut oil to reduce body fats that can be dangerous to your health.
If you want to enjoy the health benefits of coconut oil, it is readily available for quite cheap from health food stores and your local grocer.
Did This Blog Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate if you commented below and shared on Facebook or other social media